Though Her Horse Continued To Be Sound On The Leg: Rolex Challenges Stiffen Resolve Of Ottb Riders
Despite setbacks and disappointments, two p Thoroughbred riders exited the Rolex Kentucky grounds last weekend brimming with pride in their horses, yet humbled by going experience big on a world stage.
Though her horse continued to be sound on the leg, palpation and ultrasound exams were not conclusive enough for her to feel good about proceeding, she says. Whenever causing a contusion that healed in time for Rolex, AP fell at the CIC threestar event The Fork.
Her plan now is to give AP two months off and continue competing her ‘up and coming’ OTTB, Of Course Carter. I love my life, she says.
Generally, sired by Indy, the 7 year old is showing early promise. She aims to get him to a ‘onestar’ this year. Despite the disappointments, in the evening, Ashker was philosophical and optimistic. Now let me tell you something. Not everybody gets to do this … it’s a honor to finish a four star.
LangGluscic, who was way proud her 10 year old handled the electric atmosphere in the Dressage ring, says it was an emotional decision to scratch her horse for most of the competition.
Ashker, a veteran four star rider, says the heavy rains and footing was a challenge, and that she became unseated jumping into the Coffin, and became a bit nervous in the saddle, which caused Anthony Patch to refuse the obstacle second part. It was one she made immediately after a veterinarian exam revealed a slight risk of reinjuring a minor contusion sustained by AP Prime last month.
Both riders faced some ugh knocks Lang Gluscic withdrew AP Prime after becoming concerned about a leg resilience he’d injured a month earlier, in a fall in competition, and Ashker had a refusal at Fence 9 after the heavy rain and deep footing caused her to ride less aggressively to the Coffin. While ending competition first day in 2nd place before winding up in an admirable 7th place for dressage, Fourstar rider Lainey Ashker and her 16yearold OTTB Anthony Patch put in a stellar performance in the Dressage ring. Meanwhile, Leah Lang Gluscic, in her maiden trip to Rolex with her…
Rolex Submariner Black Dial Ceramic Bezel Steel Mens Watch 116610LN
Mens Steel Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm Rhodium Dial, Oyster Bracelet
Rolex Men's Submariner Automatic Blue Dial Oyster 18k Solid Gold
- Case:18k solid gold
- Movement:Swiss made automatic
Rolex Submariner Stainless Steel Yellow Gold Watch Blue Ceramic 116613 Box/Papers 2016
- This is a Never Worn Timepiece that still has the factory original protective plastics on the case and comes with the Original Box and Papers.
- Free Insured Overnight Shipping
- 40mm stainless steel case, 18K yellow gold unidirectional rotatable bezel with blue Cerachrom disc, blue dial, and stainless steel and 18K yellow gold Oyster bracelet with Glidelock clasp. Water resistant to 300 meters (1000 feet).
SO&CO New York Mens Specialty Luminous Stainless Steel Professional Multifunction Dive Watch with Day & Date
- Silver tone watch featuring brown UPH bezel and ice blue dial with three chronograph subdials
- 44 mm steel case with protective and scratch resistant mineral crystal dial window
- SO&CO New York Specialty Quartz movement with analog display
- Stainless steel polished and brushed finish bracelet and fold-over push button clasp with safety cover
- Stainless steel screw down crown and Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft)