Great For Comfort Electric Bicycle Conversions: Review
Basically the BBS01 ‘middrive’ system my be an ideal candidate for you, if you are limited to 250 watts.
It should also allow you to use your bike gears with the motor.
A simpler build must be to install a front or rear hubmotor but those won’t allow you to use your gears with the motor and are less helpful if you have dozens of hills to climb. Consider checking out my ebook and video course on building ebikes, I’d say in case you need to support this site and every article. Finally a bicycle with a seat that doesn’t need immediate replacing! Now let me ask you something. It’s wide, molds to your, ummm, special shape? The Townie comes with a great seat right out of the box!
I’m almost sure I have converted one and am waiting for a clone frame to build for myself.
Dorky but incredibly convenient especially for older not so able riders.
Perfect mid drive bikes with incredible balance. Normally, I wish all of my crank forwards were step through townies. Furthermore, if you plan on regularly doing 30 mph or more you might seek for to consider a frame with disk brakes, most comfort ebikes built on a Townie base will have more than enough quality braking power with the stock linear pull rim brakes. The Townie comes with good quality Shimano shifters and gears, and linear pull brakes that should be more than strong enoughto bring you to a comfortable stop at any normal speeds. More than any other part, the bicycle you use is planning to have the largest affect on how your ebike feels and rides. The biggest freedoms ofbuilding your ebike is choosing the bicycle you start with.
For anybody looking for a laid back, comfortable cruiserstyle ebike, look no further than the Electra Townie bicycle.
It does make a big difference in comfort.
It’s simplychanging the position ofthe pedals, Electra calls this Flat Foot Technology which to be honest makes it sound like more of a technological breakthrough than it really is. The Electra Townie is in a class of bikes known as crank forward or pedal forward bicycles. This simply means that the pedals are located further forward than normal on the bicycle, that allows your feet to uch the ground while keeping your rear end firmly on the saddle. Instead, the majority ofDIY ebike conversions use off the shelf batteries. Notice, not many people do that yet, Actually I like to build my own batteries so that they can fit any custom space on a bicycle frame.
The biggest problems with DIY electric bicycle conversions is finding room to put everything, especially the battery.
These retailebike batteries generally come in a fairly boxy shape that can make it difficult to fitthem in a bicycleframe.
Even on bikes with fairly large front triangles, it can be difficult to squeeze a decent sized four cornered battery into a threelegged frame triangle. More sensitive steering adjustments, the Townie is a slowandsteady ride type, unlike other more traditional bicycle designs where you lean out over the handlebars and have twitchier. Now pay attention please. The crank forward designwill change the handling of the bike if you’re used to riding a mountain bike or road bike. To me it almost feels like I’m in a boat and controlling the rudder. Steering is a slower, smoother experience. It really depends on your preferences and specific needs, though, the Electra Townie makes a better comfort cruiser bike than a mixitupwithcarsintraffic bicycle type. I prefer my mountain bike as I can cut through the cars and traffic nimbly, when I’m commuting in the city. The difference is striking. Electra Townie gives a great deal more laid back and enjoyable riding experience, for awhile the beach roads and out for pleasure rides.
With that said, this has never been a serious poser for me with the Electra Townie.
I’ve never seen an ebike battery that wouldn’t fit in there!
With my custom packs I could probably stuff enough battery into that frame to ridefrom LosAngeles to San Francisco on a single charge! You see, Its front frame triangle is gigantic! Some information can be found by going online. I wouldn’t do any serious offroading with them but if you should wind your way down a gravel or sandy path to reachyour secret beach spot, these tires will get you there. Needless to say, whether you prefer roads or sidewalks, The stock tires for any longer any paved paths. With all that said… Both are a bit pricey, easy install. Esthetics, 15 mile or so range and around $ I like the look of Falco with the water bottle battery and rode a Bionix.
Thanks in advance.
Can you recommend a solid e kit?
To be honest I love my Townie, and identical storage possibilities. Doesn’t it sound familiar? Combine that with the roomy handlebars for barmounted accessories and you’ve got more room than you could dream of for loading your ebike full of accessories. Rear or Front wheel? Eventually, I notice the wnie go is rear driven. I’m pretty sure I have an internal hub nexus 3 speed townie. Is that what the silver wnie above is? Yes, that’s right! What do you think the pros/cons are of the different set ups? What about chain driven? Know what guys, I recommend checking out the forums at ‘Endlesssphere’.com/forums, or for a complete guide I recommend my ebook at I this particular great bike? It ain’t terribly heavy likeyou might expect, the Townie was not a small bike by any means, for a whileer than most bikes.
It’s definitely lighter than other bikes of this size, now that’s no featherweight. Thanks to its lightweight 6061 T6 aluminum frame, it only tips the scales at about 28 lbs. KHS, 1 Townie, and 1 Trek Pure. A fast efficient an uber comfortable ride. The latest upgrade is a BBSHD Panansonic PF 52v 20Ah triangle. Simply the most comfy and underrated commuter frames ever. That said, T eclipse chainring. To be honest I now have 4 flat foot, crank forward, or wnie style frames.
Granted, it may not be top-notch in any single category. For instance, You could spend a few hundred dollars more and probably find an evenmorecomfortable bicycle, or shave a few pounds off the tal weight, or include disk brakes, or this or that, and all that stuff and all that stuff and all that stuff the point is that for an affordable price the Townie is already a great bicycle in so many different regards. So, Anybody nobody knows me also knows that I’m a big fan of DIY electric bicycles conversions over buying a retail electric bicycle.
I love the freedom you get fromstarting with a blank slate and making all of your personal decisions about parts and accessories without having to compromise for what the manufacturer thought you needed.
I’ve converted and worked on dozens of Electra Townie ebikes and any one has proven what a perfect bike And so it’s for ebike conversions.
The Electra Townie is one of my favorite bicycles to convert into an electric bicycle. Tell usabout it in the comments section below! You should take this seriously. You ownan Electra Townie bicycle, right? You should take it into account. Andif you’ve electrified it, consider adding it to the International Ebike Garage as well! Have you heard of something like this before? You sit in a very upright position with your feet out in front of you instead of down below you, with this riding style.
It’s more like sitting in a chair where your shoulders are back and chest is elevated, as opposed to the normal riding posture of a bicycle which has you hunchedforward wards the handlebars.
I’ve never liked having my battery over the rear wheel.
To be honest I actually haven’t done any female frame Townie electric bicycle conversions. That aluminum frame allows the bike to be as large as So it’s and offer this particular comfortable riding position without making it a beast to haul around. Nonetheless, it might just make carrying it up the stairs a possibility, It’s not planning to turn the corner into your studio apartment any easier. A hub motor or mid drive motor is easily hidden in comparison to the large frame, and the front triangle is so large that batteries look small and well contained inside of it! Basically the kicker is that performingan electric bicycle conversion onthe bike doesn’t ruin it!
Ancheer Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike with Removable Lithium-Ion Battery, Battery Charger and Adjustable Chrome Handlebars
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The e-bike adopts 100 percent aluminum alloy frame, the front fork is made of high-strength carbon steel and packed with premium comfort shock absorption; Meter has 3-speed smart meter button and double layer aluminum alloy wheel.
- BRAKE & GEAR SHIFT SYSTEM: With front and rear disc brakes and 21-speed transmission system, you can choose any speed to complete your journey, and perfect brakes fully protect your safety. And the bright LED headlamp and horn is equipped for night riding
- LITHIUM BATTERY: The removable 36V, 8AH Ion lithium battery, equipped with smart lithium battery charger can make you ride up to 25-50 kms. Easy Charge Port System makes it charge easily
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: we pay great attention to every detail of each component, ergonomic handbar, adjustable seat and RST, anti-slip wear resistant tire; the lightweight and efficient design help to travel further and save energy
- 2 WORKING MODE: E-bike & Assisted bicycle, you can choose the E-bike to enjoy a long time travel, and also exercise; combining two mode would be a better choice; FREE ASSEMBLY SERVICE AVAILABLE--when purchasing this e bike, click on the "Select Assembly Preference" button above, choose "Ship to store for assembly and pickup" or "At-home assembly by mobile professional"; Assembly instruction video for AN-EB001 please see https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ArYrneLylHeHhVZzUzU1pUUXM
Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 Electric Mountain Bike with Lithium-Ion Battery
- Easy to use - Quick release battery. Quick release front wheel. Safe to ride in the rain. Minimal assembly (under 5 mins). Quick change Shimano gears
- Incredible performance - 28 miles range on normal terrain. Reach speeds of up to 15 mph. Upgraded lithium-ion battery - 36V
- Stylish - Latest mountain bike frame design - not some old frame that looks like it has been taken from a 1920's film set. Bright silver brushed finish.
- Comfort - Padded saddle. 21-speed Shimano gears for a smooth ride. Kenda Tyres. Front suspension.
- Suitable for user 5ft 4 / age 14 upwards
Cyclamatic CX2 Bicycle Electric Foldaway Bike with Lithium-Ion Battery
- Easy Folding - Ideal for travelling holidays and those with minimal storage space
- Incredible performance - Fitted with a 250w motor the foldable bike will easily assist you to travel at the 15mph road speed limit. Safe to ride in the rain
- Choice of operational modes - You have the choice of how much work you want to do. Use the bike as a bike with no electric assist at all, choose a partial electric assist mode to amplify your own efforts
- Max Distance: 25-31 miles, Max Speed: 15mph, 4-6 hours for full recharge
- Suitable for users from 5 ft 2 / 14 years old upwards
Nakto 26" 250W Cargo-Electric Bicycle 6 speed e-Bike 36V Lithium Battery Aadult/Young Adult-Women
- Selectable pedal assist or twist the "variable speed throttle" for hours of enjoyment
- Step through/Low step frame design (non gender specific) electric commuter/cargo bicycle, Range per charge 28-38 km with pedal assist
- 250-Watt brushless motor with a 36V 10Ah removable lithium battery pack for long lasting battery life
- Easy shift 6 speed SHIMANO gear set and Charger UL Approved, we have US warehouse and fast delivery(3-5days)
- Reaches speeds up to Max 25 mph & averages 22-24 mile range depending on riders weight, usage & terrain
ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26 Inch Wheel, Removable Lithium-Ion Battery (36V 250W), Premium Full Suspension and Shimano Gear
- FREE ASSEMBLY SERVICE AVAILABLE--when purchasing this e bike, click on the "Select Assembly Preference" button above, choose "Ship to store for assembly and pickup" or "At-home assembly by mobile professional". INDUSTRY ALUMINUM ALLOY FRAME: Aadopts ultra lightweight yet strong aluminum; high carbon steel suspension fork; anti-rust and anti-exposure painting material.
- LARGE CAPACITY LITHIUM BATTERY: 36V/8AH li battery supports 25km/15.5mile ( E-Bike Mode ) to 50km/31mile ( Assisted Mode ) ridding. Equipped with smart lithium battery charger for fast charging (4-6 hrs).
- ULTRA STRONG WHEELS: 26 inch bead spoke wheels are made of aluminum alloy and anti-slip wear resistant thick tire. Suit for Rainy snowy mountain way and road way.
- BRAKE & MOTOR SYSTEM: Mechanical front and rear disc-brake design and 21-speed Shimano professional transmission system. Perfect climbing ability.
- 2 WORKING MODE: E-bike & Assisted bicycle. Meter has 3-speed smart buttons. LED front light and horn are included. Enjoy your ride with any mode!
SWAGTRON SwagCycle E-Bike - Folding Electric Bicycle with 10 Mile Range, Collapsible Frame, and Handlebar Display (Black)
- 15 MPH & 10 MILE RANGE - The motorized bicycle uses a 36v battery and a 250-watt motor that charges in 2.5 hours.
- COLLAPSES FOR EASY STORAGE - The folding bike uses an aerospace grade aluminum frame & easily fits in trunks of all sizes.
- HANDLEBAR DISPLAY - Check battery life, turn on the headlight, honk the horn, accelerate, and brake all from the handlebars.
- CHARGE YOUR DEVICES ON THE GO - A micro USB charging port enables you to charge your devices while you ride.
- ZERO EMISSIONS - The eco-friendly Swagger is 100% electric and emissions free, saving both your wallet and the environment.
Watseka XP Cargo-Electric Bicycle-26"-6 speed-Adult/Young Adult (White)
- Step through/Low step frame design (non gender specific) electric commuter/cargo bicycle.
- 250-Watt brushless motor with a 36V 9Ah removable AGM battery pack for long lasting battery life.
- Easy shift 6 speed Shimano gear set.
- Reaches speeds up to 14 mph & averages 16-18 mile range depending on riders weight, usage & terrain.
- Selectable pedal assist or twist the "variable speed throttle" for hours of enjoyment.
Product Description... your bicycle into a pedal-wielding motorcycle? With our electric motor ...
An electric bicycle, also known as an e-bike or booster bike, is a bicycle with an integrated electric motor which can be used for propulsion. There are a great ...